Community has been and always will be a strong part of the culture at Pennine Pneumatic Services. Our passion for this takes various forms. Whether it is the work we do with local charities such as Overgate Hospice and The Community Foundation for Calderdale. Or how we ensure we are an inclusive flexible employer. The important thing for PPS is recognising value, skill and people from all parts of our community and how this makes us a more vibrant business.
When the Armed Forces Covenant was brought to our attention recently it was obvious to us to pledge our support.
“I’m not from a military background but have huge respect for all our Armed Forces personnel, veteran’s and families who dedicate their lives to protect us. Pledging our support through the Armed Forces Covenant is our way to give a little back. I look forward to working with our team to promote the amazing work the Armed Forces do and actively supporting this community with workplace opportunities”
Matt O’Connor, Operations Director
What is the Armed Forces Covenant?
The Armed Forces Covenant represents a promise by the nation that those who serve or have served, and their families, are treated fairly.
What has PPS pledged?
Pennine Pneumatic Services Ltd recognises the value serving personnel, reservists, veterans and military families bring to our business. We will seek to uphold the principles of the Armed Forces Covenant, by:
- Promoting the fact that we are an armed forces-friendly organisation, through our digital marketing
- Through our diversity and inclusion policy we seek to support the employment of veterans young and old and working with the Career Transition Partnership (CTP), in order to establish a tailored employment pathway for Service Leavers
- Our HR and talent teams strive to support the employment of Service spouses and partners
- Endeavouring to offer a degree of flexibility in granting leave for Service spouses and partners before, during and after a partner’s deployment
- Seeking to support our employees who choose to be members of the Reserve forces, including by accommodating their training and deployment where possible
- Offering support to our local cadet units, either in our local community or in local schools, offering working groups, equipment and open days
- Aiming to actively participate in Armed Forces Day
- Offering a discount to members of the Armed Forces Community