Join our winning team.
As we prepare for some big changes at PPS we are looking for more people to join our team. We are currently looking to fill the following role. You can find more details here
Recruiting now for an experienced Field Service Engineer on a permanent basis covering the Yorkshire Region. PPS offer Sales/Service of a varied range of Compressed Air Equipment, Ancillaries, Vacuum, Pneumatics and Nitrogen products.
Some key tasks as a Field Service Engineer would include:
- Provide on-site maintenance, repair, installation and commissioning of Compressed Air Equipment and ancillaries.
- Provide hands on on-site (and at base) trouble shooting, service and repair.
- Communicate with functional work departments of Engineers, Pipefitters, Service, Stores and Sales
- Perform other duties as needed to assist the service team
- Loading and delivering materials
- Good Housekeeping on site, at base and in vehicle.
- Compliance with responsibilities as laid down in the Company’s Health, Safety and Environment Policy and as explained in Site Health and Safety rules/procedures
- Contribute to improving the business, protecting and enhancing the reputation of the company, by putting forward new ideas and, when requested to do so, implementing change
- Liaising with Halifax and Sheffield teams as required
- Ability to be flexible and be included on a call out rota.
- Ability to follow a scheduled work diary and demonstrate time management efficiently
- Knowledge and understanding of Compressed Air Units and applications
- Proven experience in a Service and Maintenance role
- Safe Contractor/CSCS card holder current (or recently expired)
- Excellent customer service
- Understanding of CAD drawings
- Good IT skills
- Team working skills
- Good organisation skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work effectively individually or part of a busy team and work under pressure
- Polite and professional telephone manner
- Good command of the English language (Written and spoken)
- Good mathematical skills
- Full clean driving licence
Further to the required skills, knowledge in the following would be desirable;
- Control systems
- Nitrogen generation
- Vacuum systems
Working hours: 8.30am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Extra hours are available/required.
Salary and benefits information will be available upon interview
Job Type: Full-time
Closing date for applications: Friday 30TH June 2017 Please submit CVs to email@example.com