Update: 31st March 2020
The British Compressed Air Society has put together the below statement to address important information regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the use of compressed air.
Update: 24th March 2020
Critical work continues
Following our announcement last week, we continue to work hard to support the UK’s critical industries and our customers in health care, food manufacturing, energy production, water treatment, communications and those who manufacture for those critical industries.
Further steps we have taken:
- All personnel who can work at home have been set up with the equipment to do so
- The remaining team on site are working in shift patterns to keep contact to an absolute minimum while ensuring necessary spares are ready for engineers supporting our critical customers
- Our hire fleet has been prepared for action as our customers in critical industries ramp up production
- Onsite in Brighouse we hold £1m of stock covering pneumatic parts (fittings, cylinders, valves, regulators, filters and tube) and compressed air pipe and fittings (Transair and Airnet). Alongside this we offer a wide range of industrial hose assemblies. The sales counter remains open for these parts but we advise either a non-contact collection or a delivery option. Please call our sales counter direct on 01422 395 390 to discuss your critical needs.
We are focused solely on keeping critical industries trading and producing. Our team are working phenomenally hard in these new conditions.
Thank you for your continued support and understanding. Give us a call if you need our help.
Update: 17th March 2020
COVID-19 response: A message from our Managing Director
As we closely monitor and move with government advice, this week we have implemented changes that will restrict contact but mean we can still get work done for customers that need it. Technology makes this possible, here is what we can do for you:
- Non-contact servicing and repairs. Our engineers can call ahead to attend site. With your approval they can then gain access to your plant room and leave any documentation with the equipment. They can send videos and photos of the work carried out.
- Site visits via video call. If you need to show something to one of our sales engineers or our technical team you can via video call. Send us an email to set one up and a member of the team will be in contact.
- We are still on the phone 24/7, 365 days a year. Our team are working remotely, but we are all connected and here to help.
Other measures we have put in place:
- Our engineers have designated slots to attend the warehouse on their own and collect parts to keep them going for a few days at a time.
- The trade counters remain open at present. You can call our pneumatics trade counter in Brighouse directly on 01422 395 390 to discuss what you may need and limit your face to face contact, we can have the parts packed and ready for you to collect.
- Stock levels. We are increasing our stock levels of key parts and working with other distributors in our region to share stock and ensure customers across the UK do not go without, especially those whose business is strategically important and critical to the UK.
- Hygiene practice is drilled to all staff and we have provided all items to maintain high levels of personal hygiene.
- Our business is split between two sites, Brighouse and Sheffield. Staff will now only attend their base site if necessary, the teams have been segregated.
- Staff who return from holidays abroad have been told to self-isolate for a period of time before attending the office or if possible, to work remotely for the foreseeable future.
We are ready to adapt and change as we need to over the coming weeks and months.
Thank you for your understanding in unprecedented times. Please do pick up the phone and discuss your needs with us.